About Me

My photo
“I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone” – Rainer Maria Rilke

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The sprightly girl in the rocket T-shirt.

I asked a lot of those tiny red wheels as I approached the end of my childhood block. My scooter was one week old, I was ten years. As I rode this scooter down the street I grew up on, I felt like I was the truth I often heard of. Approaching a generous crack in the cement sidewalk, I gandered down at the slight protrusion in cement and knew, that in that moment everything was simple and perfect. This moment will forever be vivid and lovely to me. Thinking back on it brings a rush of happiness, then the yerning comes. Dying to be thrown back to that specific breath. That second of being certain. There was nothing special about that moment, other then me knowing it was unique. Years have ran past me, but I am still blessed. Privileged, to know intimately the one who holds my future. Each blessing I could list, but no one is keeping score. My trials do vex me, but It's me who holds that score. My story still wet with ink, for I am but a work in progress. 


I know that there are many things worth mentioning of my day today, I just cannot account for them just yet.


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment